Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thankful for the Oxen

Where no oxen are, the trough is clean; But much increase comes by the strength of an ox.

Proverbs 14:4

 This verse was going through my mind as I was cleaning my house today.  I used to clean model homes part time. You know, those showcase homes that builders build for people to walk through and actually believe that they too could live like that if they bought that model from the builder.  I learned something very important when I was cleaning those houses - no one really lives like that!  We used to clean them twice a week, at night when everyone was gone. We WERE the cleaning fairies. And let me tell you, those houses could get dirty. And no one lived there. (Get it? There were no oxen, and we STILL needed to clean the "trough".) So it is impossible and completely unrealistic to try to maintain the home you live in to look like a model house.  Be thankful for the oxen - your husband, your children, your pets. Because they are blessings.  And keep that in mind when you're cleaning the trough.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails