Thursday, February 10, 2011

Changes

I took an unplanned blogging break. There were so many things happening around here, that I simply didn't have time to catch my breath and write any of it down, let alone try to process any of it.  I spent some absolutely amazing time with my oldest son. Six whole days. Just us. And another mama and her daughter. We headed to sunny and warm Florida to look at a school for Josh's next step. We flew from the cold snowy tundra and landed in sunny warmth. We sat by the pool, drove in TRAFFIC, saw some scary people, met some very nice people, walked around the school, ate, sat in on classes, auditioned (well, Josh auditioned, and the daughter of the other mama auditioned. The mama's sat and prayed during the auditions), sat by the pool, napped (I napped), went to church at a HUGE church, went to the beach, and flew back from the sunny warmth into the VERY cold (3 degrees) snowy tundra. It was good to get home.

Let me just tell you. If you ever have the chance to spend time with my son, you should do it. He is a blast to be around!

And we found out we're going to have some changes around here. The Builder and I discovered that we're expecting a new little one. In August. We think. Well, we know we're expecting, but we THINK it'll be arriving in August. Surprise!!

And then Josh got a phone call. From the school we visited and where he auditioned. They want him to come there next year. So he'll be leaving in August. More changes. I'm so excited to see what God has planned for him. And I'm so sad to see him leave. Having one child 2,000 miles away is hard enough. Having another one leave isn't fair. This Mama's heart doesn't want to let go. But it is right. And this is life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails