Thursday, August 6, 2009

Freezer Meals

In anticipation of the birth of our sixth (!) child in about 6 1/2 (!) weeks, give or take 2 weeks, I am desperately trying to get some meals prepared and in the freezer so that the first couple of weeks will be a little easier. I'm going through my recipes to find appropriate additions to the list, and I have a few favorite websites for recipes as well. My general requirements for a freezer recipe:
  • It has to be relatively inexpensive.
  • It has to be liked by the majority of our family members.
  • It has to be easy to store and prepare from the frozen state.
  • It has to be borderline healthy, although I'll let this one slide for some really good freezer snacks.
Some of my favorite recipe sites are 30 Day Gourmet, Heavenly Homemakers, and this list of great recipes. I also like to use recipes I find in other blogs. I haven't really gone wrong with those yet. My current favorite blog for recipes, especially baking is Pleasant View Schoolhouse. She makes wonderful things. Someday I'd like to meet her.

I really need to stop finding new recipes and just start compiling a good list of what I want to cook so I can get those ingredients and start cooking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cheese & broccoli stuffed potatoes I made were really yummy, and not really bad for you. In 4 potatoes there is only 1/2 cup of cheese and 1 Tbsp butter. I found it on the 30 day gourmet website. It's under award winning recipes or favorites or something .. and it's the February recipe. I think that all the men in the family would LOVE them - even the littlest picky one =)

Unknown said...

I love your blog... and I miss you very much.
I will look to see what freezer recipes that I have. Though you use a lot of the same websites that I do. But surely I have something.. =)
Did you decide to find out what sex the baby is ?? Just so that I'll know how to shop. Between you and Katie, I'm gonna have some fun shopping. =)
Theda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails