Thursday, February 4, 2010

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

My Aunt sent me this recipe at just the time I was craving something sweet and chocolate. What great timing. I made it for us to enjoy while we watched a movie. Now, when you're making a 5 minute single serving cake recipe for 6 people to enjoy, it takes a little more than 5 minutes, but it was worth it. I will make it again, but we will DEFINITELY share - one mug per person was way too much!

Make sure you use a large size coffee mug, not a little cup.

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract 1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT !


EDIT: I haven't tried it, but I've read that adding 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of baking powder with the flour gives you a lighter cake, BUT it might spill over, so put the mug on a plate. ALSO, you might be able to cook it for less time, maybe 1 1/2 minutes on medium heat, the check it for consistency and cook in 30 second increments.  I like to put a spoon of peanut butter on top when it comes out of the microwave but is still hot to melt the peanut butter. But that's just me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails