Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not Asleep and Blessed

I've been struggling lately with not sleeping. I want to sleep. I crave sleep. I just don't get very much. My little ones seem to have agreed some time ago that they would tag team. Makes for interesting nights. Sophie wakes to nurse, then Emma wakes to nurse. Then Sophie, then Emma, then Sophie, then Emma. You get the pattern. Sometimes they decide it would be really fun if they both wake at the same time. Yep. It's a blast. Emma pretty much sleeps with us these days. If I even try to put her in her crib, even if she's fast asleep, she wakes up crying immediately. So it's just easier to put her in our bed. That's where she sleeps.

Sophie still sleeps in her bassinet, although she's quickly outgrowing it. She starts out in the bassinet but usually at her second waking, and sometimes her first, I'm too lazy tired to put her back, so she ends up sleeping with us too.

This morning they were both in bed with us. And both asleep. At the same time. But I wasn't. I was blessed with being awake. Emma and Sophie were snuggled up together. It was hard to tell where one ended and the other began. I would have taken a picture, but I was afraid the flash would wake them.

Then I came out to the living room. I found Zach and Maddie sound asleep. They couldn't sleep last night because of the wind, so we told them they could sleep downstairs. I thought one would be on the sofa and the other on the loveseat. I was wrong. The folded laundry was on the sofa. Zach and Maddie were snuggled up together on the loveseat. It was hard to tell where one ended and the other began. I would have taken a picture, but I was afraid the flash would wake them.

And I was blessed with being awake. So I could see my babies snuggle. Thank you Jesus for moments of bliss.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails